DR. WIL ROGAN
ACADEMIC QUALIFICATIONS: PH.D.
TEACHING AREA: BIBLICAL STUDIES (NEW TESTAMENT)
Wil Rogan has been an assistant professor of biblical studies at Carey Theological College since August 2020. He has a PhD in New Testament from Fuller Theological Seminary, and has articles published in New Testament Studies, Currents in Biblical Research, and Journal of Theological Interpretation. Prior to working at Carey Theological College, Wil served as an associate pastor at Grace Long Beach for six years. Wil resides with his wife, two-year-old son, and three cats in Los Angeles.
DEGREE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Ph.D New Testament, Fuller Theological Seminary, Pasadena, CA Completed 2021
- M.A. New Testament (Highest Honors), Talbot School of Theology, La Mirada, CA Completed 2012
- B.A. American Studies (Cum Laude, Phi Beta Kappa), University of California, Santa Cruz, Santa Cruz, CA Completed 2009
- “Purity in Early Judaism: Current Issues and Questions,” Currents in Biblical Research, 16.3 (2018): 309-339.
- with David J. Downs, “‘Let Us Teach Ourselves First to Follow the Commandment of the Lord’ (Pol. Phil. 4.1): An Additional Note on ‘the Commandment’ as Almsgiving,” New Testament Studies, 62 (2016): 628-36.
- “Toward a Christian New Testament Theology: A Response to Thomas Hatina,” Journal of Theological Interpretation, 9.1 (2015): 117-126.
- Bennett, Thomas Andrew. Labor of God: The Agony of the Cross as the Birth of the Church. (Waco, TX: Baylor University Press, 2017); Biblical Theology Bulletin (2020).
- Peterson, Brian Neil. John’s Use of Ezekiel: Understanding the Unique Perspective of the Fourth Gospel. (Minneapolis: Fortress, 2015); Review of Biblical Literature (2017).
- Deines, Roland. Acts of God in History: Studies towards Recovering a Theological Historiography. Edited by Christoph Ochs and Peter Watts. (Wissenschaftliche Untersuchungen zum Neuen Testament 317; Tübingen: Mohr Siebeck, 2013); Review of Biblical Literature (2015).